Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tiny Hamster Paw

I don't think I could ever have a relationship with a girl who doesn't like poetry
because then why would she think I was special? What else do I have going for me?
But I am not special I think, poetry isn't special to starving kids in those fucked countries.
And poets are all spoiled 20 somethings any way, hanging out at a 24 hour walmart wishing
they were at whole foods. 

I want to hold your hand. What if we both had tiny hamster paws with
human bodies, who else would I have to hold my hand/paw? with just yours it would be ok, I think. What if I was the only one with a tiny hamster paw and a human body? Would you still hold my hand/paw in public?

I want to scratch your face gently with whiskers and whisper into your ear something
only you would understand.

I am losing sight of the big picture. Like how this is all meaningless and we are all going to die and maybe I should just be worrying about getting rich or being successful. But I just want to walk around the city for a little bit and worry about whether or not its ok to call you.

No comments:

Post a Comment